So, since our blog is titled- The Weber Weekly- I have an entire week worth of updates, so be prepared. This is a LOOOONG one! I think the past week might have been the busiest week ever!
Just for my own records, I am writing everything so I don't forget it! Here is the break down:
Monday:
* doctor's appointment, my fundal height (the distance from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus) new term to me, was about 4 cm larger than was supposed to be. Of course I go into panic mode!! She said not to worry but she wanted to do another ultra-sound to make sure I didn't have too much amniotic fluid.
* final walk through on our new house- the previous owner allowed us to move in early if we took care of all of the "things" she left behind. We did get some good items like a grill, patio furniture, brand new shop vac, just to name a few. But, she did leave LOTS of boxes and garbage in the garage.
* First baby class- 2 hours long- scared the dickens out of me
Tuesday:
*ortho appointment- braces coming off in 2 weeks- WHOOP WHOOP!
* hair cut
* pack the rest of my house
* spending time on phone figuring out who would be able to make it up if "the big snow storm" hits
*OH, did I mention I had to pack the rest of my house up?!?!
Wednesday:
* Ultra Sound- found out by baby is a BIG one already. 3 lbs 4 oz. They can be off either way 6-8 oz. though. We saw the really chunky cheeks and even got a picture of the baby yawning- CRAZY! These 3-D pictures are pretty cool. Will post when the scanner is all hooked up!
* Dad and Connie came up in the afternoon and they started working the minute the arrived. We almost got ALL the boxes in my whole house over to the new house!!
* Dad and Brad enjoyed some "sweet nector" aka Captain Morgan during the ISU/Drake game.
Thursday:
* SNOW, SNOW, SNOW- we should have had a late start! I went sliding down one of the many big hills in Mankato sideways. Needless to say I was bawling my head off screaming hoping I would stop before the intersection at the end of the hill. Thank God I did!
* Ending up getting out of school early, then off the moving more boxes.
* My great friend Jaci and Connie put my WHOLE kitchen together Thursday afternoon/night. Washed EVERYTHING before putting it away too. My kitchen will never be as organized and clean as it was when they were finished! VERY GREATFUL!
Friday:
CLOSING DAY! Moving the big things!
* John and Kathy came up to help on Friday. Brad, Neil (our good Mankato friend), John and Dad got the big stuff started.
* Late in the evening Mom and Frank came up and Dad and Connie went home after 3 days of working hard.
* My the end of the night we almost had EVERYTHING moved. Kathy and Mom were busy unpacking all my boxes.
Saturday:
*Said good bye to our old house at 2:00. Brad was more sad than I was. I like our old house just fine, not a fan of the neighborhood.
*Mom painted our Master Bedroom and Baby Room!!
*Kathy cleaned up after the guys in each room.
Sunday:
Everyone left and my house was completly unpacked (very few boxes left) AMAZING! I can't thank my family enough!!
Here are pictures. There are a ton, so beware!
workout room- we will be best friends post baby. Brad is going to get started now- we have decided that we are going to run a 1/2 marathon together in Mankato on Brad's 30th birthday!! If you know Brad, this is a BIG deal- in the 9 years I have known him, I haven't seen him work out more than 5 times! He can do it!
AND.....the "sweet nector" is gone after the crazy week- NO, I had NO part in the disappearance of the contents of this bottle!
So, I was thinking about how everyone who helped had there own special talents:
Dad: getting as much as possible in each any every load- talented box mover!
Connie: Decorator- she put things together that would have taken me days! She can also go to town with an SOS pad!!
John: Moving big items- he could keep up with Brad and Neil. He also was my light technician, helping with my lighting on my entertainment center.
Kathy: cleaning up after everyone!
Mom: PAINTING- she painted 2 rooms in less than 24 hours- hope she didn't kill too many brain cells!
Frank: Big mover and the best handy man ever!
Brad: staying calm in all the craziness, was a part of everything!
Neil: go getter on the big things- very careful with all the stuff
Jaci: ORGANIZER- organized everything- kitchen cupboards, bathrooms, pantry (I made her come over on Sunday to organize after I got groceries!)
ME: Well, Dad called me a manager, I think he was being nice about it, I would say I ended up being a big bossy preggo lady:)
Connie: Decorator- she put things together that would have taken me days! She can also go to town with an SOS pad!!
John: Moving big items- he could keep up with Brad and Neil. He also was my light technician, helping with my lighting on my entertainment center.
Kathy: cleaning up after everyone!
Mom: PAINTING- she painted 2 rooms in less than 24 hours- hope she didn't kill too many brain cells!
Frank: Big mover and the best handy man ever!
Brad: staying calm in all the craziness, was a part of everything!
Neil: go getter on the big things- very careful with all the stuff
Jaci: ORGANIZER- organized everything- kitchen cupboards, bathrooms, pantry (I made her come over on Sunday to organize after I got groceries!)
ME: Well, Dad called me a manager, I think he was being nice about it, I would say I ended up being a big bossy preggo lady:)
Okay now we are ready for all our family and friends to come and visit!!!! Sorry for such a long entry.
6 comments:
Yay Wendy!
Sounds (and looks) like it is the perfect house...lots of space for the new baby!! Seeing your picture on the Christmas blog made me sad again for missing you and Ronda. :( I can't wait to hear more about Baby Weber!! Hope you are feeling well...sleep often.
Love you!
The new house looks amazing, Wendy! And so much room! Now I just have to make it up there to see it in person!
The house is HUGE...oh my goodness! And please tell me you're using 0 to 30 VOC paint in the baby's room (says over protective eco auntie) - I have connections and can get you some for free ;-)
Love you guys!!
Aunt Nina
What a beautiful house, Wendy!
Gorgeous house, and sounds like lots of GREAT help! When we moved, I also was the "big, boss lady" ad I wasn't even pregnant!
Ah I know that Connie Butcher is a master organizer/cleaner.. I would not have had a wedding if it was not for her... Your house is gorgeous and I am so jealous... now you have some time to get it ready for baby weber! We are so excited and happy for you.. I can't decide what I think your having... but I am leaning towards girl.... but don't trust my judgment!!
Post a Comment