Sunday, September 28, 2014

18 Month

A bit late, but here is what's new with our lovable Luke at 18 months....
Let's start with the stats. Believe or not he is slowing down with his growing we went from the 99th percentile to the 98th! haha
Weight: 30.5 pounds
Height: 32 inches 54th percentile

He is so agile and quick for his short and stocky build. This kid is a CLIMBER and JUMPER! He runs and jumps stops like he is doing basketball drills, jumps OFF of things he defiantly shouldn't even be standing on, jumps just to jump and then the worst is that instead of walking down the stairs he sees the stairs as an awesome opportunity to jump from EVERY SINGLE STEP while trying to be safe and hold the railing! AHHH!

Vocabulary: This has really taken off the last few months! He copies almost any word you ask him to. Well, he attempts I should say. Some things come out clear some, not even close. I LOVE that he learned to say "yeah" before no. In fact (knock on wood) he hasn't said no yet. Just nicely shakes his head no. Here are a few more new favorite words he says:
apple- clear as day
all done now
Eee-done- Ethan. We were so excited for him to learn Ethan!!
grandpa- with a strong grunting voice
grandma
la ewe- love you
cracker- he says this about a million times a day
football
b ball- for baseball
touchdown
tra-der- tractor
and quit a few more that I know I am probably forgetting.
 He even has started to sing. Ethan will be singing "Let it go" from Frozen and we hear Luke pipe in on the "la e gooooooo" and on the word "mooooorrrreee" I keep trying to get it on video, but it always seems to happen in the car while I am driving.

Sleep: Well, he still really stinks at going to sleep. We rock, lay down, rub back, cry it out, and repeat the whole process until he finally gives in at night. Some nights he sleeps 12 hours without us hearing a peep and others we hear him a few times a night. Sometimes he cries back to sleep, other times we have to go in there. One word to describe his sleeping routine is INCONSISTENT. Another word, FRUSTRATING! 

Eating: anything really. I have to peel the skin off of everything lately which is new, but he will try most everything. Not a huge fan of meat unless it is a hotdog or a brat.

Tricks: He loves doing "cut the pickle, tickle, tickle" He even says tickle when we tickle him. He is good at doing tasks for us. He famous one is putting his clothes in the hamper. He even says hamper, runs them into his room with his naked butt just wiggling everywhere, dumps in the hamper, claps for self praise, and runs back into the bathroom with the biggest grin on his face! He's good and putting things where we tell him and going to fetch for his things too.  Sometimes he fetches things all on his own without being told. Like what is happening here:
 
 So, here is a self fetch. Saw the door the garage was not quite closed so he saw an opportunity!! Went out, climbed on pop case, opened the freezer, grabbed the ice cream cones, and brought them to me in a matter of seconds. Like I said, quick, agile, and resourceful. He was NOT happy when I told him he could not have one before supper time.


Other favorite pics, some I have already posted, sorry.
 
This is his "I'm not doing anything wrong, mom" face. I see this expression several times a day.
 
 LOVES his big brother and he seriously does not miss a beat, he tries to do EVERYTHING that Ethan does. Ethan has his Scout, so Luke has his Scout.
We love the ready, set, go! 
Maybe a reason why we like the 90th percentile for weight. Hotdogs, french fries, and being pushed in the stroller.
 
Lover Luke

Can't imagine our lives with this lover boy even though he keeps us on our toes all day long. Love you Lukers!

No comments: