Thursday, January 16, 2014

Double Digit Month

We hit the double digit month count! 10 months, oh my! I feel like this month went by incredibility fast and it was full of holiday travels and be being home! I have only gone to work 10 days of this last month. Lots of no school days due to weather, which meant we didn't do a lot out of the house either!
Still growing like a champ, no slowing down yet! 
I feel so incredibly sorry for him. He gets bad rashes where his fat rolls rub together when he is crawling. Poor guy.
It is hard work lugging this guy around. I didn't realize it until Sunday in church. Luke wasn't in "the church mood" on Sunday so I spent most of the service in the back holding him. I actually had to come back to the pew to switch off with Brad because I physically couldn't hold him for much longer! He doesn't like being held and that didn't help. This kid wants to MOVE! He is WAY strong! When his hands grip something, it takes my entire strength to ungrip him!
This pictures are fuzzy because he moves so fast, can't get a good one of him in 'action'
 Likes to ride things. Doesn't understand that he has to support himself. Often just falls off, but he rolls with it!
 EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING goes in this kid's mouth! Even these huge pieces of chalk. He was playing so nicely with it, drawing on the board and in a flash he was then turning it into food.
 He has started to walk a little bit behind things. The challenge being finding something sturdy enough that this tank can't upset.
 He is the craziest child in the bathtub ever~ the mini tub to try to contain him isn't working. We climb out of the mini tub out of the big tub and then wanting back in. I seriously get my workout in for the day trying to give this kid a decent bath!
 A favorite past time for Luke is pulling out the dvd's. Brad picks them up at least 5 times a night. Each time I tell him that is just wasting his time, he will just go pull them out again. He first likes to pull the basket out from the shelf (above) and slide it to his spot.
 The we pull each one out......
Until we have one big mess.
The worst thing he has discovered this month is the STAIRS! This kid looks like he might be slow (I used to do that in track in highschool- size up my competition based on their body type)- he looks like a shot putter, but believe me, he is FAST! He can get up those steps quickly. Gate at the bottom went up last night. Never had a gate with Ethan, he could have cared less about stairs. 

Sleep- UNPREDICTABLE! Usually goes down around 7:30-8:30 with a 8+ oz bottle. Sometimes we sleep ALL THE WAY TO 7 am, sometimes we are up an hour after we go down, sometimes we wake up at midnight acting like a starved child. It's unpredictable. He likes to keep us on our toes I think. 
Naps just once a day, longer though, 2+ hours usually. 
Something new is that we can lay him down in the crib at nap time and he will put himself to sleep (most of the time). 
Wakes up standing up. That mobile in the back isn't going to last much longer- it gets a beating from Luke when he wakes up each day!

Eating- This lover is a bit stubborn. He doesn't take a bottle at daycare unless it is my providers husband, in a quiet room, all alone, with no other kids around. So, some days he goes all day without a bottle. He then makes up for it by packing in the food from 4:30-7:30. He has JUST started getting into the solid food thing. Not too interested until the last couple of days.

My favorite pic from the whole month...
Sledding with cousin Drew


He admires his big brother Ethan! Ethan scoops the deck for fun, and Luke watches out the window wishing he could play, too. BANGS on the door when Ethan gets close!

I love that I got so much time with him this month! Bring on more snow days! I could listen to him laugh and giggle all day! He is growing up way too fast! Love all the excitement he brings to our lives!!

No comments: