So I had total regret that we never got Ethan to a "real zoo" this summer. So, while grandma Lori was here this weekend we decided would should head up to the cities and go to one of the zoos there. Every year our 3rd grade field trip is the MN Zoo, so I couldn't bare the thought of going there (for the 6th time) and being excited about it, so we went to the Como Zoo. I had never been there before but people say it is much smaller but WAY better because you actually see animals close up and not "way off over there a see tiger, maybe".
We had a fantastic time, you would have thought it was summer with the 82 degree weather we experienced! Here are some pics from our fun day!
Grandma Lori ready to go and Ethan just taking it all in!
Crazy mustache monkey that I laughed at.
The ape was RIGHT up by the window showing off his muscles, just like Ethan does!These orangutangs we so active and Ethan just sat and watched them!
I love this picture. Ethan getting close with Grandma to see the polar bear. He even started kissing the window.
Then he discovered how fun it was outside of the stroller and that is all she wrote...found many more fun things to do, like ride seals like they were horses.
Checking out the giraffes.
Then he got more brave and started knocking on the glass.
Trying to get on of Ethan and I was a task.
He sits so well for grandma, and even smiles!
He loved all the "trees" in the conservatory. This one was fun to bat at.Outside the zoo in a park area they had an original carousel built in the 1914's and this was the hit of the day! Ethan was SOO excited to ride it was hard to wait in line. Of course when we got on, he was mesmerized by the whole ordeal and didn't even move a face muscle!
Ready to go!
On the way home we of couse had to get some DQ! I had a PUMPKIN pie blizzard in honor of Aunt Christina's Pumpkin Love- I will blame all the calories on her too. I should have gotten a picture for her blog, all things pumpkin, but I ate it faster than I could process. Even Ethan took a liking to his very own cone, sorry buddy, the love of ice cream comes from your mamma!
That is a sign of a great day!
I love having my mom come visit, but it is always hard to say goodbye! 













No comments:
Post a Comment