I LOVE the Iowa State Fair. Growing up we showed pigs there several times and I like the traditions and "my favorites". I couldn't miss it this year, even though Brad had a softball tourney to play I was determined to go make the trip solo with boys. We headed down Sunday, was possibly regetting my decision when we hit the first time on our trip (20 min) in and Luke said he had to go poop. Yes, when potty training and they cry poop, you go. So, into Casey's we went and he went pee, no poop. Then when leaving the bathroom he says, "I get treat now, I went potty." (We give treats for pooping in the potty while training). I said, "no treat, you just went pee." Off to the car headed down the road. Hit the next town and Luke cries poop again. Not falling for it. I keep driving thinking this is going to be one long road trip if we do this every town. He got better and we only stopped on other time outside of Ames. We finally got there in time to see grandpa Butcher before he spent his day giving out 4-H Hall of Fame awards to 91 people.
Grandpa!!
We had time to walk through some bars with grandpa. We did the BIG horses and the sheep.
I also thought it was going to be a long day if Luke continued to insist on carrying his sweatshirt around all day. AHHH, the joys of a determined 2 year old.
The Iowa Craft Beer Tent sign. Cheers! At least he is in the Root Beer hole. hahaha
Butter Cow from a distance- wasn't standing in the long line to get up close.
Then came the text video of Beau riding the giant slide! I had no clue Ben, Brianna, and Beau were at the fair that day, so we hooked up with them and that was amazing to have some company and it was so good to see Beau! They all had fun. We did the Ye Old Mill (PITCH dark, don't quite remember that when I was younger, I remember we liked it a lot, but don't remember the pitch darkness).
There is a newer "Hands on the Farm" exhibit for kids to do and this what they are doing in the pictures below.
"I'm a farmer" Was Luke and Beau's quotes.
This is for Papa Weber!
My little farmer!
Beau and Ethan being chickens
Little Chick Luke
It was a very crowded day!
Of course we had to do the giant slide!
It was really breezy up top! Ethan screamed the whole way down! Ben said he could hear him!
Mom and Luke selfie before heading down!
We met up for supper at Cattlemen's with grandpa before taking off heading back to MN. We didn't leave until 7:30. Thinking they would be wiped out and sleep the whole way, um no! Ethan fell asleep about an hour into the ride and Mr. Luke stayed strong throwing goldfish up to mom to eat, wanting "more food" and a few poop calls until he crashed 15 min from home- go figure. Overall I called it a successful trip to the Greatest Fair- The Iowa State Fair!!












No comments:
Post a Comment