Thursday, November 14, 2013

8 Months

I'm so thankful for the past 8 months and the joy that Luke added to our lives! As busy as we can get, I often just have to stop and be so thankful for the beautiful boys we have! Gifts from God!
The rate of gain is slowing down I think!
24 pounds and 27 1/2 inches last week at the doctor. 
This past month, leading to eight months was a tough one for Luke. The very first night he began his 7 to 8 month journey, the same night I bragged about him sleeping 10-11 hrs, we were up almost every hour to two with a teething baby. Keep in mind this was right around my half marathon and restless nights and the thought of running that race so drained scared me. But we all survived and Luke got 2 bottom teeth that week. With the teeth came his first ear infection and another week of horrible sleep! Throw in Halloween and some trips to ISU games, and to the farm and that was our crazy month! 
I think we are getting close to getting back on track to our 9-10 hour sleeping nights (thank goodness). He did pop 2 more top teeth, not the front teeth, the corner teeth. Funny looking smile right now. And yes, we are back to our smiling self!!
We also have started crawling. Just last night he took his first venture past what we have called his "retreat" mode. He LOvES sitting on that large bum and going to out grab a toy then army crawling backwards back to his bum. Thus the "retreat". We have some pretty solid forward movement the past 2 days. 
Not sure how I feel about this. Happy he met a milestone but our house it totally not baby proofed. With Ethan we didn't have all these small items to keep him away from. Luke likes the small stuff, cars, tractors, crumbs from Ethan trails. Ethan will have an adjustment, too with Luke trying to get whatever Ethab has. Yikes! This next month could get quite exciting! Oh and the fact that he has hypospadius surgery the week of Thanksgiving and will be completely put under is constantly on my mind. Keep him in your prayers on the 26th, please. 
Here's a few fun photos from this past month. 
Oops mom, I popped this, I'm stronger than you think I am!
First Hilton Magic experience!!
Swimming with dad. Yes my shorts are WAY to small and my entire diaper is showing. 
Eating some buns at the restaurant. Good view of all his chins. 
Slam dunk!!
Loving my new tub!
My smiley shark at Halloween! 
Love you to pieces Luke!! 

No comments: