Yes, you read that correctly he is a bit over 19 pounds! That weight puts him in the 96%tile. I thought 90%tile at 2 months was huge, nope! He has really shot up in height the last 2 months as well. His 26 inches puts him at 81%tile instead of 20th at 2 months.
Some big happenings from 3-4 months are mostly in the sleep department! This guy is turning into his big brother and daddy (well, his mom sure does like her sleep too)! He can sleep anywhere from 9-11 hrs!! He is mostly consistent at 9, but then eats and takes a 2 hr morning nap right away! So, he basically is starting his day around 11am! Silly guy! Being he basically sleeps all morning, he isn't the best at afternoon naps. I'll take the night over the day sleeping anytime!! I feel like part of it is due to our lack of schedule during the summer. We are either running to the library, pool, movie, grocery store, park, or out on runs or walks. I really haven't given him the chance to be an "in the crib afternoon nap taker". All will change when I go back to s----- I can't say the 's' word yet!
He LOVES to sit up and watch Ethan play with him. He is getting pretty good at the sitting! He has officially outgrown the bumbo seat, fat thighs don't fit in there anymore, so he is on his own with less support now.
Here is one of the last days he went in the bumbo....
Uh is there a weight limit with this thing?
He is doing better with tummy time. He gets his head WAY up high and as long as Ethan or I are in front blabbering to him he is fine. If we walk away, screaming starts. He hasn't done any rolling over yet. I asked my doctor about it and she said once kids had to sleep on their backs they kind of took the rolling over milestones away. Then she politely said, "and the chubbier kids usually struggle with that a bit more." :)
He LOVES to suck on his hands and even gets that little thumb in there sometimes....
I prefer the "bubbas" or paci as that is what I was used to with Ethan and it worked like magic for him, but I know all kids are different so we shall see what Luke chooses to soothe him (even though I will continue my paci training:)
It cracks me up every time he stares down his hands in amazement that they are still there day after day!
Everyone that comes over or people we see out and about always say, "he is such a happy baby and so laid back" I'm not sure if Brad always agrees with them, but I do! It seems that Luke loves to "act out" just when dad gets home or when I leave. Yep, we have a momma's boy! He did very well without me for 4 days I think (unless grandma and papa Weber just didn't us the truth:)
Oh, and how could I forget his LAUGH. He has the funniest laugh! Ethan's is pretty darn cute too, but Luke sounds like a fat old man. He really gets going when Ethan is the one tickling, probably because Ethan starts laughing too! I have tried several times to get this on video, but have been unsuccessful. I'll get it some day I hope!
A few cute snapshots of Luke from this last month that haven't made it into other blog posts.
Staring at the mirror in amazement!
We love him to pieces and love how proud Ethan is of his little brother! We shall see what the next month brings- one thing we can count on is LOVE!









1 comment:
So Parker had her 9 month appointment Friday and weighs a few ounces more than your 4 month old, and I thought she was chunky! Ha! Luke is adorable and I can't get over how much he resembles your dad! Parker was chunkier, too, and didn't start fully rolling over on her own until around 5 months. Now she's all over the place, so enjoy your last few weeks of immobility!
Post a Comment