Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Brad- Your wife is NOT a baker............

Brad turned 29 today. We went our for dinner and then a
t 9:00pm I decided I should be a good little wife and make him a cake. His parents (Kathy's 60 birthday was yesterday) and grandma are coming tomorrow, so perfect idea huh! I'm not sure if I will ever learn that my maiden name is BUTCHER, not BAKER for a reason. I CANNOT BAKE to save my life! I remember Maureen posting a fantastic photo of a cake she made once- well bloggers this picture tells it all.
Notice the nice chunk missing- still stuck in the pan. Mom informed me I wasn't supposed to spray the pan, so it came tumbling down when I turned it upside down! I could blame it on being tired and attempting too late at night, but I think I have to deal with idea of me having to buy all birthday cakes for husband and children in the future!
What is even more sad is that under the supervision of Grandma Butcher, I took this Angel Food cake recipe to the Iowa State Fair! After all those times baking with Betty her tricks didn't rub off! Super bummer! And for Libba and her "from the bottom" weekly photo inspirations, here is a nice photo for the theme.Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake be ready- I'm coming to get you in the AM!!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Wendy, seriously - you did better than I would do...you actually ATTEMPTED it. I would have talked myself out of it before even starting. :) Yes, even though I haven't blogged a second time, I am somewhat excited to do it. Tell Brad Happy Birthday - talk to you soon!

elizabeth said...

you crack me up..come and visit us and i will bake brad a yummy cake ;) miss you! xoxo

~Amy~ said...

Wendy that is too funny!! I would give you an A for effort tho!! Congrats on the pregnancy and welcome to the blog world!!

MoCos said...

Man... That still looks better than mine! I have finally perfected Matt's requested carrot cake for his birthday. You got to make a cake you can cover with frosting, that is my first tip! that way you can make it look good! Happy Birthday Brad, hope you guys had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Wend - this is really funny! Those pictures are a riot!

Happy B-Day Brad and I miss you guys!

jchelstrom said...

Thank goodness for DQ! I think Baby Weber had better count on it for birthdays!