Sunday, April 3, 2011

FLORIDA!

 Oh did Ethan and I have a great time in Florida!! I am SOOOO glad we booked this trip. It was awesome to see Katie and help her with wedding stuff! So fun to have grandma Lori come down too!
The flight down there wasn't so fun. I booked it late thinking Ethan would take his bottle and sleep the whole way. When I printed off my boarding pass and realized I was in the very last row of the plane, I thought that might be my first sign of bad luck. I tried to switch, but it was a full flight and not many people want to sit in the window seat in the back of the plane. We got to our seat and saw we had a very large man sitting next to us and the huge large engine outside the window. Needless to say I was trying to contain Ethan from kicking the man next to me, the person in front of us, and battling the loud engine noise all at once. Ethan declared defeat right when the captain said "We are now beginning our final descend to Tampa." (But I couldn't hear it because of the loud engine and had to ask the unfriendly man next to me what he said). But, we survived and made it there in one piece!
We were greeted by an excited Aunt Katie (who just had some very bad luck, I'll let her explain) and grandma who were ready to love up on Ethan.
Sunday we packed our bags and headed to Clearwater Beach to check out the Sand Pearl Resort, where Aunt Katie and Baseball are getting married.
 
Super Excited for the Beach!
 Aunt Katie downloaded some cool Apps on her iPad that Ethan just loved to play while driving in the car.

The resort was GORGEOUS!! The wedding is going to be beautiful! Here are some pics of Ethan on the white sand beach for the first time.
Grandma and Ethan.
 
Yep, Ethan was not a fan of the windy beach! 
  The water was even more frightening! We got a quick pic with mom though. 
The wind was blowing his hair all over the place, he liked the beach if Aunt Katie was holding him.
 
Here is a video of Ethan playing in the sand. He would sit in it, but refused to crawl in it, pretty funny. 
 The restaurant was more Ethan's style, food makes him happy!
 Cleaning up all the sand afterwards made for a fun LONG bath time!

Day 2 was just as fun! We went WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING! We went to the same place I found and bought my wedding dress which brought back some good memories. We had the whole place to ourselves and Ethan did some exploring for the perfect dress for Katie.
 "I think it is over here Aunt Katie."

 We indeed did find the perfect dress for Katie, can't show pics, but it is beautiful! Ethan liked it too. All the ladies at CC's just thought Ethan was a doll, so don't worry, he got some attention too!
The rest of the trip was on the rainy side so we did lots of shopping. Found the bridesmaid dresses, 2 dresses for mom, did some cake and flower shopping, too! Ethan was a true trooper.

 Snuggling with grandma on the couch.
 Sam, Katie's dog, was really good around Ethan, very interested and Ethan eventually warmed up to him.
 Now, this picture is Ethan's latest greatest face! He tightens up all his muscles and does this crazy smile thing! It used to be when he was excited to eat something, now it occurs quit often to show any excitement!
 Soon to be Uncle Baseball. We met up with Ronnie and his family one day for lunch. They were super nice! Ronnie is just perfect for Katie and it was fun to meet his family and see why he is a great guy! Did I mention Ronnie cooked for all of use one night?!!?  Ethan loved Ronnie's sister, Steph.
 Ethan and Steph.
Back at the one bedroom loft, it is supposed to be nap time, but Ethan just wanted to read books to grandma and play everywhere!
It was very sad to leave and go home! Luckily grandma Lori had to same flight and then connected in MN to Omaha. It was a life saver to have another set of hands, an aisle seat, and grandma next to us who didn't care if Ethan kicked or crawled over to her.
 Grandma getting some snuggles in with Ethan at the airport. We attempted to get him asleep before getting on the plane, too much action though.
Thanks Aunt Katie and soon to be Uncle Baseball for a GREAT trip, can't wait to fly down there again in November for the wedding!

1 comment:

The B-Lynk Buzz said...

What a super fun trip! I love that video...that was the funniest thing ever. Can't wait to see what he does if you get him a sandbox this summer! Love you all SOOO much!

Aunt Katie