We had our check-up at the NICU earlier in the month and Ethan just WOWed all the doctors there! It still gets me teary eyed when I go there, just the overwhelming sense of how blessed we truly are with Ethan gets me every time! It was funny, the boy that was next to Ethan all the time in the NICU was there too for his check-up. It was fun to see them in the waiting room.
His doctors there use his corrected age for percentiles, which puts him in the 90's in all things except head circumference. Today at the doctor he weighed in at 24lbs 4 oz. which is 46th percentile, crazy the difference. The length cracks me up, according to his measurement today he shrunk from a few weeks ago- have to take those with a grain of salt I guess. He had a full out Bailey's Scale of Intelligence at the NICU, which was very fun to see given. He was in total Ethan "hamball" self and was showing off to the max! It was quite cute. He said the 3 words, as clear as ever, that he knows: duck, ball, and dadda. He was coloring, putting Cherrios in bottles, stacking blocks, doing puzzles, and he even got some hiding the ring then switching hands game correct. Guess all those Applebee's hide the Cyclone under the apple games at Hilton on the jumbo-tron paid off! Haha. He scored well above average for his age (even non-corrected age) in all areas except for gross motor. The kid needs to walk :)
He has to take off one of these days on his own. I guess I am in no hurry since it is hard to keep up with his crawling and wall scaling he does! He goes around the perimeter of the rooms all over the house. I guess he is just going to be a cautious guy, which is fine by me! He turns EVERYTHING into a walker, chairs, toys, coffee tables, laundry baskets, you name it he pushes it around the house!
He is so expressive lately and just loves doing faces for us. His latest is his 'muscle' face! You HAVE to see it in person to get the full effect because he tightens EVERY muscle in his body. Even the Sam's Club clerk was laughing today at him! Which makes him do it over and over and over! I still can't get it good on camera, but will keep trying.
He had some visitors this weekend. Grandma Lori came up to so some shopping with us on Friday and stayed until Sunday helping out. He is into taking EVERYTHING out and showing people ALL of his toys. We are working on the fun "let's put it all back now" game but he isn't catching on too quickly. Here he is showing everything to grandma that is in his basket.
He likes to feed people too.
We (I guess I should admit, mom) was putting together his new sand and water table and I couldn't find Ethan for a second.
Peek-a-boo meets hide-n-go seek!
This is his new smile. Here is how you do it, squint the eyes, squish the nose, and show all the teeth! You can't tell from this picture but the box is actually lifted up pretty high, his fat butt was stuck in that box! He thought it was great!
Thanks for all the fun grandma Lori!
Then on Monday night I was upstairs doing laundry and Brad comes all quiet up the stairs (I assumed Ethan had a dirty diaper and he was handing him off too me, one of his better tricks) and then following shortly behind was grandpa BOB! It had been over a month since he had seen Ethan and I guess he couldn't handle that! He drove up Monday night and surprised us! He watched Ethan on Tuesday and they played so hard and had so much fun Ethan forgot to take his afternoon nap!
We were getting the carpet cleaned in the other room and had to put all the furniture and toys in the dining room. Ethan got in one of his baskets and thought it was hilarious to have grandpa stuff it full of toys on top of him! Here is that smile again!
Yes, he is in DESPERATE need of a haircut, that is coming on Friday again!
Thanks for the surprise and play time grandpa Bob!
I am having Easter here at our house this year with the Weber family. Will have the most people all at once at our house that we have ever had. Why I am blogging at midnight right I now, I am not sure, procrastinating I guess. It will be very fun to have ALL the Weber's here for the weekend! Bring on the cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents!!!! My fridge and pantry have never been blessed with so much food. Hope I can keep everyone full and I don't burn anything!
Happy Easter everyone!


2 comments:
He is so stinkin cute Wendy!! Love his new smile!! :) Happy Easter to you and yours!
He is such a cutie and it sounds like his check-up was wonderful! I saw your Mom at Connie Conover's wedding shower this past weekend. By the looks of her in these past pictures, she loves her Ethan just as much as Grandma Darlene loves her Karsen (and Kellen). Aren't Grandmas the best? I bet you are looking forward to summer vaca just as much as I am!
Post a Comment