I just love decorating for Christmas! The Christmas music blaring in the background, snow on the ground, fireplace rolling, picking out our tree, the smell of a real tree, the whole experience just brings joy to me! It was fun putting decorations up until I realized I wanted/needed new stuff. Which brings me to my 20th trip to Target and my 5th time returning things that didn't work (lights not lighting up, too short, too long, you get it). The last voyage was when I went for a quick trip to get more white lighted garland, then ended up buying some trees that are waist high, carried it all around the mall with Ethan in the stroller and when packing up the car realizing I must have left my cell phone in one of the stores, and frantically retracing my steps in the mall for an hour. Oh well, I was going to have my garland right?!?! Until.....I got home and opened the box to find multi-colored lighted garland instead! So, I am done for this year!! Here is my attempt at Decking the Halls!
Yes, I need more lights, but I assumed 6 strands of 100 would work and I WILL NOT shop to buy more now.
In the dark it looks better:)
"The stockings were hung"...on the banister.
To get the whole effect.
The hard to decorate space above the entry way. The battery operated timer lights were a great find on one of the Target trips! (the trees I carried throughout the mall)
The porch outside. Every column did have its own strand until I plugged it in and half didn't work. That's when I gave up!
Ethan's hair tells how I felt after decorating this year! :) AHHH
So, what I am showing is that next year I might need to find someone to decorate for me! I can still sit and watch with the music playing, snow falling, smell the Christmas tree, and just take it all in!
Happy Decorating to all!!



No comments:
Post a Comment