Monday, May 3, 2010

Projects, Pumped-Up, and Ponies......

PROJECTS:
So, since we moved in there have been many projects completed on the house! I sit around here all day just wanting to do more, but Brad keeps me grounded. Whenever I finish a project he ALWAYS loves the result, but it takes so talking into to get them done. Most recently we painted our tall entry way, wait, WE didn't paint it, either did Grandma Lori, I actually HIRED someone to do it! I have never had that feeling ever- went downstairs from 8-11 and came up and my whole entry way, hallway and upstairs bathroom was done!! No taping, no cleaning, NOTHING but enjoyment!! Too fun for me! I also became resident electrician this Friday. I had bought new light fixtures for the bathrooms because I couldn't stand the GOLD- I mean not subtle gold we are talking see your reflection in the fixtures gold! So, I got bored and read the directions and thought- I don't need to wait for the electrians next week- I can do this! Changed 3 bathroom fixtures ALL by myself, and they WORK! It did take some nerve to touch that wiring even though I checked about 5 times that the breakers and lights were off. So, needless to say, I am pretty proud of myself. However, I did not tackle the 3 chandeliers for the kitchen, dining, and entryway. I will wait until next week for the electricians to tackle those!

This weekend Grandma Bob and Connie came up again! We love seeing them and I love watching their reactions to seeing Ethan and commenting on how much he has grown!
On the PUMPED UP front:
So Cyclone Nation is all PUMPED UP for their new ISU Men's basketball coach- THE MAYOR is back baby! I don't know if there is a excited person then Brad! He and Grandpa Bob talked b-ball all weekend!
On Saturday Donna drove up here to meet Ethan too! It was very nice of her to make the drive too! We even got some wedding dress shopping done as well! Congrats again to her and Lucas! I couldn't believe it was May 1st! We did get some May Day baskets from the Murphy kids- couldn't catch them as they ran away too fast!
Ethan checking out the new gal, Donna.
Grandpa treating Ethan like a feed sack!
Onto the PONIES:
No, Ethan did not get a pony!
Instead it was the Kentucky Derby bringing all the excitement. Grandpa Bob got all excited for everyone to "pick a pony" for the race. So, we all picked a pony, Grandpa Bob, Connie, Donna, Ethan, and me (Brad somehow slept through the excitement!). Ethan is getting more interested in watching the tv screen so we plopped him in his chair to watch. We all thought it was too funny! Here is a video and photos of Ethan watching the race and cheering on his pony!


Ignore my annoying voice please!

So, I bet you are all dying wondering whose pony did the best?!?! Well, OF COURSE lucky Grandpa Bob's pony got 1st! He was wishing he would have put some money on it! Connie's got 3rd, Donna's got 4th, Ethan got 5th, and wouldn't it seem right for MY pony to gt then get 6th? Umm, yes it just proves that I am the most UNLUCKY better in the world- mine got LAST dead LAST!! That is why I am not a fan of the gambling world!! Oh well, it was all in fun anyways!

2 comments:

~Juli said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I love the pic of your dad with Ethan as a feed sack. Funny!

We are pumped about the Mayor as well Wendy. ISU hoops are BACK! :)

leynahanson. said...

Oliver & I rooted for Hot Cha Cha...& we got 2nd place =) Love Ethan as a feedsack with your Dad also, Mike does the same with our 'Sack of Tatoes' Oliver. Great to see your update...you get way more projects done than I do...O started cutting a tooth...yikes!